What is a Pi Chi?
A recruitment counselor (Pi Chi) is a member of the Panhellenic community who acts as a mentor and unbiasedly leads PNMs through the formal recruitment process. Our Pi Chis remain affiliated with a purpose of promoting the overall Panhellenic community and being an asset to PNMs. Applications for Spring 2020 Formal Recruitment are open! See Pi Chi Applications. (due September 6th, 2019). Please email the completed questions to firstname.lastname@example.org & physically turn in ONLY the contract to VP Membership’s mailbox in 217 HUB. Scroll down for the Pi Chi schedule!
Recruitment Counselor Directors
The Recruitment Counselor Directors are members of the Panhellenic community who have previously served the role of a recruitment counselor (Pi Chi) and now serve as leaders and resources for all Pi Chis throughout the training and formal recruitment process. Applications are now closed!
Spring 2020 Pi Chi Directors: Cameo Dean, Britt Krall, Rachel Weber, Sam Tait
Follow the Pi Chis on Instagram & Facebook!
Roles & Responsibilities
Pi Chi Directors
- Assist the VP for Membership with conducting Pi Chi interviews and making selections
- Advise a group of Pi Chis throughout training and formal recruitment
- Work closely with the VP for Membership to prepare and facilitate training sessions
- Assist the VP for Membership with executing formal recruitment
- To help make the recruitment experience an enjoyable and memorable one for the Potential New Members
- To promote a positive attitude toward all Panhellenic chapters and the entire Penn State University Greek Community
- To be available to a Potential New Member at all times to help them and offer guidance in a one-on-one situation
- To consult assigned Pi Chi Director, the Vice President for Membership, the Vice President for Recruitment of any major problems or concerns
- To explain and assist with the mechanics of Recruitment
2019-2020 Pi Chi Schedule
March 29th 2019: Pi Chi Director Applications Due
April 12th 2019: Pi Chi Director Interviews
April 2019: Pi Chi Directors will be chosen & notified
September 6th 2019: General Pi Chi Applications Due
September 8th 2019: Interviews
September 16th 2019: Pi Chis will be chosen & notified
September 19th 2019: First Pi Chi Meeting
September 22nd or 29th 2019: Retreat
October 6th 2019, 5:30pm: Training Session 2
October 13th 2019, 5:30pm: Training Session 3
October 20th 2019, 5:30pm: Training Session 4
October 27th 2019, 5:30pm: Training Session 5
November 3rd, 2019, 5:30pm: Training Session 6
November 17th 2019, 5:30pm: Training Session 7
December 8th 2019, 5:30pm: Training Session 8
January 12th 2020: Mini Retreat
January 13th 2020, 8:00pm: Logistics Meeting
January 14th 2020, 8:00pm: Final Logistics Meeting
January 15th 2020: PNM Orientation (All Pi Chis MUST be present)
January 16th 2020: First Day of Recruitment
*See Primary Recruitment page for the 2020 recruitment dates.