Please reach out to our VP for Recruitment Meghan Quinn at Recruitment@PennStatePHC.org with any questions about who is going through the COB process, issues that arise, problems registering, or eligibility after reading our COB FAQ Page!
Informal Recruitment Registration for Fall 2023 is OPEN!
Please click the link below to register!
WHICH CHAPTERS ARE CURRENTLY PARTICIPATING IN INFORMAL RECRUITMENT FALL 2023?
The chapters currently participating in Continuous Open Biding are:
Alpha Delta Pi
Alpha Omicron Pi
Alpha Sigma Alpha
Alpha Xi Delta
Delta Phi Epsilon
Omega Phi Alpha
Phi Sigma Rho
Phi Sigma Sigma
Sigma Delta Tau
Sigma Sigma Sigma
The above chapters are eligible for Continuous Open Bidding, HOWEVER, each chapter’s COB process is different. Some chapters may only be recruiting a few new members and may quickly be finished, or finishing up with COB currently. Panhellenic will continue to update the list of participating sororities as we get more information.
One important thing to note is that sororities are not responsible to reach out to you for COB! Potential new members will be responsible for finding each chapter’s event schedule and attending the events. The chapters will invite you to further events if you are eligible and they see you as a good fit!
Keep checking the chapter’s Instagram pages, the PHC Instagram, and this website for updates as we get them.
Please visit our Frequently Asked COB Questions document if you have more questions!!
What is Informal Recruitment?
Informal Recruitment, also known as Continuous Open Bidding (COB), is a process that sororities engage in outside of the the primary (formal) recruitment period. During this process, a sorority will offer bids to women in order to reach chapter total (the largest size a sorority can become through recruitment). It tends to be more casual and unstructured than primary recruitment.
Each sorority operates on their own COB schedule, so there is no standardized time frame when all sororities are recruiting new members during informal recruitment. The best way to find out if a chapter is participating is by checking our website, sorority chapter social media, or by emailing the chapter president. If you’re interested in sorority membership and a chapter invites you to a COB event, you should consider attending. If you missed out on formal recruitment, this is a great way to try and find a sorority at Penn State.
Chapters that decide to participate in Continuous Open Bidding will follow the process below:
- Chapters will host events for PNM’s interested in joining that chapter.
- Once a woman moves into PNM status, they are eligible to extend a bid to that PNM.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE IN RECRUITMENT?
In order to participate in recruitment you must fulfill the following requirements:
- At least a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at Penn State University Park
- Completed at least 14 credits at a Penn State campus OR 27 transfer credits OR be classified as an adult learner by Penn State
- Not have conduct probation with a transcript notation at the time of recruitment or intake
- Not be suspended or expelled at the time of recruitment or intake
- Register on Campus Director
- Complete the Fraternity and Sorority Life Information Session on Canvas, including the terms and conditions at the end
FALL 2023 INFORMAL RECRUITMENT:
Registration is now OPEN!