WHAT IS A PI CHI?
A recruitment counselor (Pi Chi) is a member of the Panhellenic community who acts as a mentor and unbiasedly leads Potential New Members through the formal recruitment process.
2022 Formal Recruitment Pi Chi Applications open August 1st!
Pi Chi Applicants – scroll down for a semester schedule leading up to recruitment.
PI CHI DIRECTORS
The Pi Chi Directors are members of the Panhellenic community who have previously served the role of a recruitment counselor (Pi Chi) and now serve as leaders and resources for all Pi Chis throughout the training and formal recruitment process.
2022 Pi Chi Directors: Emma Wurmstich, Molly Spaeth, Jess Shi, Aliyah Fetterolf
FOLLOW THE PI CHIS ON INSTAGRAM: @psupichi
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Pi Chi Directors
- Assist the VP for Membership with conducting Pi Chi interviews and making selections
- Advise a group of Pi Chis throughout training and formal recruitment
- Work closely with the VP for Membership to prepare and facilitate training sessions
- Assist the VP for Membership with executing formal recruitment
- To help make the recruitment experience an enjoyable and memorable one for the Potential New Members
- To promote a positive attitude toward all Panhellenic chapters and the entire Penn State University Greek Community
- To be available to a Potential New Member at all times to help them and offer guidance in a one-on-one situation
- To consult assigned Pi Chi Director, the Vice President for Membership, the Vice President for Recruitment of any major problems or concerns
- To explain and assist with the mechanics of Recruitment
2021 – 2022 SCHEDULE:
August 1st, 8am – Applications Released
September 8th, 11:59pm – Application DUE
September 13th, 14th & 15th – Interviews
September 17th – Pi Chi’s will be chosen and notified
September 19th, 5 pm – Orientation
September 26th, 3pm-6pm – MANDATORY Retreat
October 3, 5:00 pm – Session 1
October 10, 5:00 pm – Session 2
October 17, 5:00 pm – Session 3
October 24, 5:00 pm – Session 4
November 7th, 5:00 pm – Session 5
November 14th, 5:00 pm – Session 6
December 5th, 5:00 pm – Session 7
December 12th, 5:00 pm – Session 8 (if needed)
January 2022 Training Sessions TBD