WHAT IS A PI CHI?
A recruitment counselor (Pi Chi) is a member of the Panhellenic community who acts as a mentor and unbiasedly leads Potential New Members through the formal recruitment process.
2024 Formal Recruitment Pi Chi Applications are Closed
Pi Chi’s – scroll down for a semester schedule leading up to recruitment.
PI CHI DIRECTORS
The Pi Chi Directors are members of the Panhellenic community who have previously served the role of a recruitment counselor (Pi Chi) and now serve as leaders and resources for all Pi Chis throughout the training and formal recruitment process.
2024 Pi Chi Director Applications are CLOSED!
2024 Pi Chi Directors:
FOLLOW THE INSTAGRAM: @pennstatephc
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Pi Chi Directors
- Assist the VP for Membership with conducting Pi Chi interviews and making selections
- Advise a group of Pi Chis throughout training and formal recruitment
- Work closely with the VP for Membership to prepare and facilitate training sessions
- Assist the VP for Membership with executing formal recruitment
- To help make the recruitment experience an enjoyable and memorable one for the Potential New Members
- To promote a positive attitude toward all Panhellenic chapters and the entire Penn State University Greek Community
- To be available to a Potential New Member at all times to help them and offer guidance in a one-on-one situation
- To consult the assigned Pi Chi Director, the Vice President for Membership, and the Vice President for Recruitment of any major problems or concerns
- To explain and assist with the mechanics of Recruitment
2023 – 2024 SCHEDULE:
Meetings will be held weekly in Thomas 102. Attendance at these trainings are mandatory and will result in fines without an approved excuse.
August 14th, 8 am – Applications Open
September 18th, 8:00 am – Application DUE
September 19th, 20th & 21st – Interviews
September 24th – Pi Chi’s will be chosen and notified
October 1st – Orientation Retreat
October 8th, 5:15 pm – Meeting 1
October 15th, 5:15 pm – Meeting 2
October 22nd, 5:15 pm – Meeting 3
October 29th, 5:15 pm – Meeting 4
November 5th, 5:15 pm – Meeting 5
November 12th, 5:15 pm – Meeting 6
-BREAK- November 19th-25th
December 7th, 5:15 pm – Meeting 7
Final meetings before Formal Recruitment 2024 will be announced in December.