WHAT IS A PI CHI?
A recruitment counselor (Pi Chi) is a member of the Panhellenic community who acts as a mentor and unbiasedly leads Potential New Members through the formal recruitment process.
2023 Formal Recruitment Pi Chi Applications open are closed!
Pi Chi Applicants – scroll down for a semester schedule leading up to recruitment.
PI CHI DIRECTORS
The Pi Chi Directors are members of the Panhellenic community who have previously served the role of a recruitment counselor (Pi Chi) and now serve as leaders and resources for all Pi Chis throughout the training and formal recruitment process.
2023 Pi Chi Directors:
FOLLOW THE INSTAGRAM: @pennstatephc
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Pi Chi Directors
- Assist the VP for Membership with conducting Pi Chi interviews and making selections
- Advise a group of Pi Chis throughout training and formal recruitment
- Work closely with the VP for Membership to prepare and facilitate training sessions
- Assist the VP for Membership with executing formal recruitment
- To help make the recruitment experience an enjoyable and memorable one for the Potential New Members
- To promote a positive attitude toward all Panhellenic chapters and the entire Penn State University Greek Community
- To be available to a Potential New Member at all times to help them and offer guidance in a one-on-one situation
- To consult the assigned Pi Chi Director, the Vice President for Membership, and the Vice President for Recruitment of any major problems or concerns
- To explain and assist with the mechanics of Recruitment
2022 – 2023 SCHEDULE:
August 1st, 8 am – Applications Released
September 7th, 11:59 pm – Application DUE
September 13th, 14th & 15th – Interviews
September 17th – Pi Chi’s will be chosen and notified
September 18th – Orientation Retreat
September 25th, 5:30 pm – Session 1
October 2, 5:30 pm – Session 2
October 9, 5:30 pm – Session 3
October 23, 5:30 pm – Session 4
October 30, 5:30 pm – Session 5
November 6th, 5:30 pm – Session 6
November 13th, 5:30 pm – Session 7
December 4th, 5:30 pm – Session 8
December 11th, 5:30 pm – Session 9
January 2023 Training Sessions TBD