What is Junior Panhellenic?
Penn State’s Junior Panhellenic is comprised of freshman and sophomore members from a range of sororities belonging to the Panhellenic Council. Junior Panhellenic provides these members with the opportunity to get involved in the Panhellenic community early on in their sorority experience and offers them a chance to gain valuable leadership experience.
Why join Junior Panhellenic?
- Membership in Junior Panhellenic can serve as a stepping-stone to becoming an executive officer of the Panhellenic Executive Board or their chapters’ own president.
- Responsibilities of Junior Panhellenic include planning Panhellenic-wide events such as Panhellenic Pride Week in the Fall and providing a fresh, alternative perspective on issues that face the entire sorority community at Penn State.
- Being a part of Junior Panhellenic also provides young members with the opportunity to meet and work with sorority women of other chapters as they work to increase Panhellenic unity among the entire sorority community.
- Each member on Junior Panhellenic shadows a member of the Panhellenic Executive Board to see what the position entails.
“I was on the 2018 Junior Panhellenic board and it was one of the best experiences I have had being apart of Greek life at Penn State. I was able to learn so much more about how to empower the women in the Greek life community as well as meet so many amazing women from other chapters. I was so thankful for this experience and would highly recommend to anyone thinking of applying,”
– Megan Eppley, Alpha Omicron Pi
“Junior Panhellenic gave me an opportunity to meet driven women outside of Delta Gamma. I got to learn more about the Panhellenic Council & best of all I made friends I still talk to in other chapters,” – Daniella Torres, Delta Gamma
Junior Panhellenic is advised by the Executive Vice President of the Panhellenic Executive Board. Applications are now closed.
2021 Junior Panhellenic Officers
Alpha Delta Pi:
Alpha Omicron Pi:
Alpha Xi Delta:
Delta Phi Epsilon:
Gamma Phi Beta:
Kappa Alpha Theta:
Kappa Kappa Gamma:
Omega Phi Alpha:
Phi Sigma Rho:
Phi Sigma Sigma:
Pi Beta Phi:
Sigma Delta Tau:
Sigma Sigma Sigma:
Zeta Tau Alpha: